Showing all 20 results
Art is a powerful medium through which we share our thoughts and ideas, the ways we see and feel the world around us, and how we see ourselves.
As an immigrant, my search for identity and belonging has always been an inspiration for my art. Through photography and collage, my work reflects a personal journey exploring migration and discovery. As I've moved quite a bit throughout my life, creating and maintaining new connections in every place became a necessity and reflects how I approach my work - not accepting the permanent. Deconstruction of images, either in the form of a collage or digital manipulation, becomes a form of contemplation where I play and search for new visual connections.
Whether I'm working in street photography or studio conceptual work, I use a documentary approach when taking pictures. Once in my "darkroom," I find that editing is where I am most creative. I think of my work as unfinished interpretations of everyday life waiting for viewers to inhabit the space I have created for them and make their own connections.
Questions of cultural and social belonging are always an integral part of my practice.
Suzana Stamenovic was born in Belgrade, Serbia, and immigrated to Canada in 1991 after the war broke out in the former Yugoslavia. Graduating with a degree in Graphic Design and Illustration, Suzana had a 16-year career as a computer game artist.
In 2010, she became a full-time photographer and opened her own studio.
As an immigrant, her search for identity and belonging has always been an inspiration for her art. Through photography and collage, Suzana’s work reflects a personal journey exploring migration and discovery.
Her work ranges from street photography to studio conceptual work. Questions of cultural and social belonging are always an integral part of her practice.
Suzana currently lives and works in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• SFWA Gallery, Spring Forward Exhibition, San Francisco, CA, 2021
March 22 – July 22, 2021
• SFWA Gallery, Patterns & Symmetry Juried Exhibition, San Francisco, CA, 2021
March 9 – April 2, 2021
Juror: Hillary Olcott, - Associate Curator; Arts of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, de Young \ Legion of Honor
• Through the Darkness and Into the Light, Group Show, MUSA’s virtual Gallery (organized by the Dragon Productions Theatre Company of Redwood City), 2020
• Figurative Art, stARTup, 2020
• Featured Weekly art, stARTup, 2020
• Bokeh Bokeh Photo, 2019
• Art of the Living Photography Show, ACCI Gallery, Berkeley, CA, 2017
• Sausalito Art Festival, Sausalito, CA, 2107
1997 - Capilano University, Vancouver, Canada
Graphic design and illustration
• Silver Award, San Francisco Bay International Photo Show, 2019
• Portfolio Award, San Francisco Bay International Photo Show, 2018
• Gallery Award, Art of the Living Photography Show, 2017
Lead Artist, Electronic Arts, Redwood City, CA
Lead Artist, , Obsidian , Irvine, CA
Art Manager, Square Enix, CA
photography, concept, modern, digital