Detroit’s art scene has miles of talent, a historic art and design community, and opportunities to exhibit. What’s missing is the ability to sit privately with curators, art experts and design professionals to bring clarity, confidence and fresh opportunities to your creative business.
So we created the opportunity.
Detroit Center for Design + Technology
4219 Woodward Avenue (and Willis)
Sunday, October 20, 2019 from 10am – 5pm
- Embrace Creatives Member $259
- Non-Embrace Creatives Member $279
Limited tickets available
Registration is over. Please watch for our next Review in 2020!
Artists and designers meet face-to-face with curators, gallery owners, successful creative entrepreneurs, and arts professionals from across the spectrum of fine art, fine craft, and photography.
“Each review offers the opportunity to have your work seen with new eyes, learn curatorial ideas and market trends, perfect your “pitch”, and develop relationships that may impact your career growth. Equally important are the peer relationships developed in between reviews!“Andrea Bogart, Embrace Creatives Founder/CEO
We are overjoyed with the level of expertise and diversity represented by our Reviewers. Click their name to learn more about them.
- Wayne Northcross / MOCAD (Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit)
- Melanie Chard / Curator and owner of M Gallery, Ferndale MI
- Bilge Nur Saltik / Director, Industrial Design, Lawrence Tech University / co-founder and Chief Creative Officer Form&Seek design studio
- Sophie Yan / Designer, Synecdoche Design Studio
- Asia Hamilton / Curator and Owner of Norwest Gallery, Detroit MI
- Tizziana Baldenebro / MOCAD Curatorial Fellow 2019-2020
- Erik Nordin / Sculptor and Co-founder Detroit Design Center, Detroit, MI
- Phil Gilchrist / Executive Director Anton Art Center, Mount Clemens, MI
- Brian Day / Award winning photographer
- Ivana Kalafatic / founding Editor of Clear Magazine & Detroitisit
- Sarah Ayers / Curator and Collections Management
- Todd Burroughs / Artist, Owner and Teacher, Atelier Art Studio, Royal Oak, MI
- Anna Van Schaap / Artist, Curator and Director
- Chris Schneider / Hatch Gallery
- Isabelle Weiss / Next Space design curator and Appraiser
- Michael McGillis / Installation Artist and Sculptor
- Nida Sheena / Italmoda contemporary design and furniture center
- Brooks Stevens / Artist, Professor at Eastern Michigan University and Fibers program coordinator in the School of Art & Design.