Kind of a big one this time. Felt like a gut punch. Depression inducing.
A life well lived includes acceptances and rejections so it’s important to stay focused on the bigger picture and honor yourself when you receive both good news and bad. How did I handle this last rejection?
1. I pushed down the desire to shoot off an immediate, response email because I was filled with powerful emotions.
2. I moved the candy bowl closer.
3. I reached out to my supporter(s) to “talk” through it.
4. I dove back into my current responsibilities that will allow me to empower more Artists because, ultimately that’s my life’s mission.
5. After I calmed down, I emailed the person to ask, “WHAT HAPPENED?!’
I plan on being rejected A LOT more because I’m opening myself up to an abundance of opportunities and even though they’ve been thoroughly researched in order to reduce the risk, I can’t imagine that every single thing i want will come my way. And that’s the ultimate plan so I’ll keep focused on what I’m grateful for and what’s working, now.